Sunday, November 24, 2013

To Girls Like Me

A year and a half ago, my lovely mentor Heather started a blog for girls called A Girl Like Me. From the start, her heart has been to let young women know that they are not alone in their daily struggles and the ups and downs that life brings, to see them come to know and embrace a truth about themselves and about their Savior that they may have never recognized before or have struggled to believe. The blog quickly grew so much that she invited another beautiful woman of God, Kelly, to become the second half of AGLM. I have gotten to watch their passion for girls evolve into a beautiful ministry that touches and speaks to the hearts of so many readers, including myself. The posts they write contain an honesty that is hard to come by in today's society, but one that is wrapped in love and drenched with grace.

If it isn't obvious enough yet, I absolutely love this blog, admire these women, and believe in the message of life that fills their posts. After the way God has used their words and the way they share their lives to impact my life, needless to say I was recently quite honored to be asked to write a post for them as a guest blogger. I had no idea what to write, but the Lord definitely had something in mind. So I wrote what was on my heart (the only "prompt" I was given), and ended up learning a very important lesson through my own post - I am nothing more than human. So I invite you into my recent journey, to explore what it means to be A Girl Like Me.

Read here, at agirlikeme.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment