Friday, June 21, 2013

Let's Be Honest...

So I'm lazy.

Let's just get that out of the way.

If there is one thing I've learned being engulfed in tour chaos, it's that when I have free time, the last thing I want to do is talk about how little time I have.

Don't get me wrong. I love what I do. I thrive on a fast-paced lifestyle. Racing from city to city, all over the country, night after night, and working hard all day to bring a crazy show to life for a bunch of teens is an experience I can only describe as exhilarating. But of course I'd be lying if I said I don't crash once the adrenaline stops (bet you can't guess who's passed out on the bus in the top right...).
I mean, let's be honest - I'm downright exhausted. Hence the lack of blog updates since January.

Yeah...about that...

So to bring you up to speed on my past 5 months, the Spring half of tour was way busier than I ever imagined. Despite warnings from the "been-there-done-that's" of the team, I was still shocked when we traveled from Florida to South Carolina to Georgia in a matter of three days...having a show each day and getting 3(ish) hours of sleep in between. And that was only one of several such circumstances. Our schedule was packed, to say the least. But looking back, I don't think I would have it any other way.

We ended the Rewind Tour season having done 80+ shows, 70+ of which I was blessed to have had the opportunity to speak at, and visiting somewhere around 40 states (I lost track after 36, so 40 is just a guess. Haha). We did the very first outdoor event (and learned the to-dos and not-to-dos for future reference). We even got to bring some Jesus to Sin City!
Our team got to see the this ministry reach the 100,000 mark for people who have committed their lives to Christ at an SRT show. We have witnessed both the Kingdom and the abstinence movement growing in such huge ways!

All of that being said, after all I have seen and taken part in, I can't see myself walking away from this just yet. In August I will be heading back to Pittsburgh to do it all over again for the One Night Stand tour!
I absolutely can't wait to learn more, grow more, laugh more, cry more, and do more for the Lord's glory with some of my greatest friends from this past year and a handful of new faces I'll grow to love and adore the same.

Oh - and I promise to try to blog more and share more of my crazy journey along the way ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment